
We've had one really sick little boy around here. This was our first real experience of not giving antibiotics because his illness was viral, but boy it's hard to not feel like we want to just give him some anyway. I took him to a clinic and though we never really got a diagnosis my guess is that it's tonsillitis. He's just had a raging fever since Friday and tonsils that are HUGE with white spots on them. Poor kid is alternating between being totally miserable and then saying the cutest things while sounding like he has cotton balls shoved to the back of his throat. He's our cuddle-bug so he's been happy to just snuggle with me or Josh.
UPDATE: It became clear to me yesterday that we had travelled into the realm of a bacterial illness so I went ahead and got some antibiotics for Cason. It's slow but I'm seeing some improvement already. He's definitely back to being his active little self today.
1 comment:
I've seen that face lately and know the feeling of just wanting to give them something!
Post a Comment