Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Like giving birth

I feel like I'm nesting. I'm not prone to super organization, I tend to clean just enough to not live in a pig sty. But these last two days I'm slowing cleaning out and organizing. I feel an overwhelming need to get things in order before August 24th. I only have 19 more days until I step foot back into academia. Back to that awkward first day of school. Searching for my classroom, walking in the door, scoping out the best seat, checking out the people around me.

I feel like it's going to be the start to a very long and difficult but rewarding labor. The day I begin to give birth to this dream that has grown for the last six years. I have no idea what lies ahead and it's guaranteed to get messy at times. I'm excited and terrified.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Wish I was there to help you...with the organizing, not the school work. Yuck. :) It will be great. I'm so proud of you.