Tuesday, September 01, 2009

And he's off...



Cason was very excited for his first day of school. I was also very excited but as the time to go got closer and closer I realized it was going to be harder to let him go than I thought. It marked the end of a stage and the beginning of another. Those transitions always hurt but are good too. Now Cason can blossom on his own, out of the shadow of his brother.

His first day was great. "Mommy, I did circle time. We learned how to sit." His favorite part was playing on the teeter totter with a little girl. They also had snack and potty time and singing and play time.

Thankfully, my little man is not too grown up yet. We're loving four and all of it's inbetween-ness ( I know I made that up). He's grown up so much and is showing some new maturity, but there are still some hints of his babyhood. Since it may be his last baby word, I'm savoring one little mispronunciation he does. For "because" he always says "puz". "Mommy, I like my teacher puz she's nice."

2 comments:

Terry Dengler said...

He looks so proud to be off to his first day of school. Thanks for the update.

Nana said...

Go, Cason, go! He looks so proud and I am so proud too. He's so special! I'm asking God to bless him real good! Thanks, God! I know You will!