Some updates on the boys...
Cason hit a milestone recently. I can now give him a sandwich without cutting it. In fact he wouldn't eat sandwiches before when I would cut them up, so one day I just decided to give it to him whole and see what he would do. Imagine my surprise when he ate it instead of throwing it on the floor. He is also still very intrigued with the potty. The only piece of the pie that he's missing is the actually going part. If the bathroom door is open it goes like this. Cason: I sit on potty. I sit on potty. Said while lifting his arms to be put on the potty. Then 10 seconds of sitting and he's lifting his arms to be let down. He pulls the potty seat off, sets it on the floor, then closes the lid, walks around the toilet and flushes it. We could repeat this 20 times a day. I need to get video before the novelty wears off.
Jonah is doing much better. I think he's gotten through the adjustment phase from school ending. I don't feel quite as desperate as I was feeling two weeks ago. I'm still looking for some options throughout the summer to keep him stimulated. He's going to do soccer camp at our church in two weeks. Last year it was a disaster, but we were still in the dark about his autism then. I think with a head's up to his coaches he'll do great this year and I know he'll enjoy being with the other kids. Then I think we may do VBS at Mark and Lorrie's church the week after. We've got some other exciting things planned through the summer too so it should be a fun couple of months.
One of my favorite things to do in the summer is take pictures of all the pretty things growing on our property. Here are some to enjoy.
My rose bush is loaded with buds. I love these beautiful flowers!
One of the five giant poppys that are blooming.
No comments:
Post a Comment