Sunday, March 08, 2009

Why I liked this weekend...

Yesterday Josh and I had a date for the first time since October. It's appalling. We will not let so much time pass again before we take some time for us. But it did make the three hours we had to ourselves yesterday very nice. It was a midday date so we didn't do anything all that special. We did stop by a puppy adoption drive and volunteer to be a foster home for dogs waiting to be adopted. It's crazy, but that's not all that far off from everything else we do. We've been dreaming about getting another dog, a buddy for Rio, but know it's not really the right time for adding another canine companion. Being a foster home means we'll have another dog around without much commitment. It's a week to week thing, so we can have an extra dog around for as long or short as we'd like. We think it'll be great for Rio. Fun stuff. In the coming weeks...lots of puppy pictures.

We also had a delicious lunch at a tiny little Thai place. Our first time trying Thai food and we really enjoyed it.

Today we're using the Daylight Savings excuse to be lazy. I took Rio for a walk. The guys are playing a game on the other computer. It's one of those mornings where just being together is cause for contentment. I love these kind of days.

1 comment:

Terry Dengler said...

Can't wait to see the puppy pics. Glad you guys got some time together.