Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Buzz, buzz, buzz

It's been ten days since we put the sign in the yard. We got our first call on Saturday. We've had four more calls since then. We showed it tonight, though we're chalking that up to practice cause she wasn't really a serious buyer. We're showing it again tomorrow night. I'm excited!

I'm having a blogger dry spell, I don't know what's up, every time I think to write something I clam up. Writer's block?

The boys are always a good fallback I suppose.

I'm thinking about contacting all the moms from Jonah's preschool class to see if they'd like to set up a "Wednesdays at the park" sort of thing. I think Jonah really misses the kids from school. I think it's a good idea, it's just one of those things where my anxiety starts to take over and actually following through is tough. I'm over thinking it. It would be totally casual, show up if you want to, no worries if you don't, we would still have fun each week even if it was just us. Pray for me that I would just do it.

Cason is showing us the meaning of terrible two's He'll be two on Sunday but he's getting some practice in early. I feel like the mom in the "I Love You Forever" book. He learned the word "no" this week, so I'm hearing it a lot these days. This little personality is so fun to me. It really shows me the difference in how it was with Jonah. I don't really know how to explain it yet, but parenting Cason at this age is completely different. You can tell he knows he should do what I'm asking but is practicing self-will. In the end his defiance is refreshing, because it's true defiance and the consequences are more clear, the lessons more easily learned. He's also so much fun, just like his brother was at this age. The world is full of endless exploration. There's some big changes headed his way.

1 comment:

Asia said...

I am going through the same thing! It is like our son is now going through terrible 2's at 4 years old along with our 21 month old daughter. I never knew what terrible 2's were like with Cristian before. And it is a relief in a way to actually know our daughter's intentions & be able to discipline her according to those actions. I don't have to always analyze her like I do Cristian.