Monday, May 11, 2009

I never know where to start when it's been a couple weeks since my last post.

April 24th-25th
Josh and I had a much needed overnight date in Denver. We went to see a favorite female artist named Jonatha Brooke. Life has been so consuming lately that it's been hard for us to make time for ourselves. We were very thankful to Mark and Lorrie for taking care of Jonah and Cason. The concert was great. It was at the Soiled Dove. Just her and her guitar and keyboard ten feet away from where we were sitting. She was awesome, incredible voice, just enough funny. One of the best parts of the night was that I got to dress up. I guess my need to escape from my SAHM persona was high. In the morning we went to breakfast at the the best breakfast place in Denver. The Snooze A.M. Eatery Oh man, that was the best breakfast we've ever had. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Not a great picture, but here we are getting ready to leave.


May 1st, 2nd, 3rd
It's crunch time for Josh's job at Della Terra. Since they were really wanting Josh to keep working, they offered our family a cabin for the weekend. This cabin is almost starting to feel like our own personal vacation cabin, since this is the third time we've stayed there since the job started. I wish I could say that it was a wonderful weekend, but the truth is we came home feeling a bit fried. The weather had been cold and rainy, so we were mostly stuck inside while Josh was working. And the cable had been knocked out by a cut line, so we watched Meet the Robinsons three times, Kung Fu Panda twice, Thomas and Friends once and Honey I Shrunk the Kids once. There were some nice moments though. Jonah had a very wiggly tooth, so on Saturday while Josh was taking a lunch break they worked together to pull it. Jonah did not want us to touch the tooth but he was willing to hold on to and let Josh yank on his arm. It popped out after about twenty tries and a lot of laughing. He was very excited that the tooth fairy was able to find him even though he wasn't at home and she left two dollars. The boys and I did get out twice, first to watch the annual Estes Park duck race. They release 1000 rubber ducky's down the Fall River. People "adopt" them and the money goes to charity and there's a ton of prizes. It was pretty fun and we capped it off with a trip to one of the many fudge/candy shops in town. After the kids were in bed, Josh and I tried our hand at some of the games provided. We found that we were terrible at "Friends" trivia, but had fun asking each other personal questions from another game that I can't remember the name.

Our second outing was for a teeny hike on Sunday around the property. Rocky Mountain National Park starts right behind the building. I think we will have more fun hiking this year. Cason still has some stamina issues, but they do love "adventuring".

Jonah with his brand new holey mouth.


Some of the ducks on the river.


Climbing on rocks on our mini hike.




(Mom, in case you are wondering, the boys got haircuts this week. : ))

After working through the weekend, there was a ton of stuff for Josh to take care of at home so he was home Monday and Wednesday. Let's just say it was a rough week. I'm thankful that it's behind us and we're moving forward from it.

May 9th-10th
He worked Saturday (did I mention it's crunch time?). The building had it's first event last week...first wedding, we hear, is the last weekend in May. There is still so much to be done, it's crazy. The boys and I actually had a decent day and Jonah surprised me at one point by announcing that he had lost another tooth! This time the tooth fairy didn't have change, so since it was the fifth tooth lost, he got FIVE whole dollars for this one. I just realized how funny it is that teeth that come out are called "lost". How else would you describe it though? It's just that technically they are not lost, they're just not in his mouth anymore. Hmm...

The hole in his mouth got bigger!


When Josh got home we talked about what I wanted/wanted to do for Mother's Day. The weather wasn't looking to be great so being out wasn't an option. In the end, we all ran out to pick out my Mother's Day present...a new gas grill! We haven't had a grill since we moved here and I have missed it so much. I consider myself to be a bit of a grill master, so I'm really looking forward to how this will open up our menu options this summer. We also ran to the store for some breakfast provisions as Josh wanted to make breakfast for me. Then we ordered chinese for Josh and I to eat after the kids were in bed. My parents had sent a package including the movie P.S. I love you which we watched while we ate. (We loved the movie, Mom and Dad!)

Sunday morning came rainy and cloudy, which was wonderful because it meant the boys slept in until 7. Josh started breakfast and I got to sleep in even more. There was a little waffle crisis, but in the end it was a great breakfast and I really appreciated the break. We spent the rest of the day just really enjoying being together and it was the best mother's day for me. We assembled the grill. It was christened by hot dogs for the boys, followed by some chicken that I grilled to make chicken salad and then by a big fat juicy ribeye that Josh and I shared for our dinner. Oh boy, we are definitely going to be eating more protein now. Yum!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Thanks for the nice long post and pictures - I enjoyed reading about what you've been up to and it was great to see your wonderful faces! Glad, too, that you had a nice Mother's Day! Love you all!