I crossed them all off, every single thing. I took the test, where, by the way, I wrote a pretty nifty essay on cell phone technology and it's effect on our society. I went to First Step Advising. Then Second Step Advising, where I met a lovely woman from the nursing department. She told me that she doesn't always see the "nurse" in the students she meets, but that she sees it in me. It was a very cool moment that I won't forget. Then I came home and registered for my first two classes. Human Growth and Development and General College Biology Lab I. Then I finished my FAFSA application. Then I took a deep breath, followed by another. I've thought and planned for this for so long and it's finally happening.
Now I just wait it out until August 24th when my first class begins. They are both night classes. Monday and Wednesday nights I'll be in class from 5:30-8:50 and Tuesdays from 7-8:50. Cason will be in school on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 12:30 to 3, so that will be a nice junk of study time each week.
Back to school at 32!
2 comments:
Yeah! I'm so excited for you. Just wait, you'll probably have to take Stats. Mom did for her BSN and she kept calling Jon for help. So, put us on speed dial. :)
I meant to comment when I initially read your blog ... I'm so proud of you for taking those first steps towards classes in the fall! You're going to do an amazing job! Maybe you've already experienced a bit of this, but it feels so good to pursue your dream! It's very empowering. I'll be your biggest cheerleader during this journey! Love you!
Post a Comment