Cason at age two is fun and interesting. He's got so much personality. He loves to kick a ball. He lines it up and kicks, always with his right foot. I find this amazing. Yesterday we were playing peek-a-boo. He says kapokaboo. Kapokaboo! He'll repeat things you say when you least expect it. Everything comes out with an exclamation point. He's also opinionated and is very fond of the word "NO!". If I'm scolding him about something, he does this I'm not going to look at you thing. He's great at following directions. Yesterday he picked up a plate after dinner and I asked him to take it to the kitchen and he put it in the trash. Close enough. Every morning when I get him up, he starts babbling right away, I'll pick him up and he reaches back and says "mahkie, mahkie!" My blankie. He loves his blankie's.
Yesterday it was hot! We were stuck at home due to Jonah's carseat being in Josh's truck. So I decided to turn on the sprinkler, grab a bunch of bowls and take them outside to play in the water. Cason didn't mind it, didn't love it, but he got wet. Jonah wouldn't come near the sprinkler at all. I wasn't surprised, just hoped maybe he'd give it a try. He did like it once I turned the sprinkler off and let him play with the hose. He made sure to spray his brother a couple times. Then I tried to show them how to make mud pies. Cason thought it was very funny that I was playing in the mud, but wouldn't touch it himself. Jonah really wanted to do it, but just couldn't overcome whatever was holding him back from going for it. He get his hands almost in the mud and stop. It was still a fun time. Today the weather is nicer, not so hot, so I think we're going to walk to the park for lunch.
Tonight Josh and I are going on a date! We've really been craving some time to ourselves lately. I think it's been since Valentine's Day that we had a date. That's really bad! I think we're going to go downtown, have some dinner, take a walk and just be Josh and Amy for a couple hours. I can't wait!
1 comment:
It was good to see you at the park today--I would've liked to talk to you more...the kids weren't doing too well, so we tried to eat lunch quick and then left. Glad you are feeling better too--have fun on your date tonight!!!
Post a Comment