Sunday, August 05, 2007

Birthday week recap

I don't feel like being wordy so I'm going to try to keep this as short as possible. My birthday week was great, not what I expected, but what I needed.

We had a great visit with Val and Jason and their kiddos on Monday. Jonah, Abby and Emma got along fantastically. It's such a blessing to us when Jonah finds playmates who he actually plays with. He and Emma were quite attracted to eachother and were fast friends.





My actual birthday was quiet. Our air conditioner was not working so my mom invited Nancy and I to spend the day at their house. We relaxed, watched a movie, had some dinner. Josh and I finished the night with a mini date to Starbucks (thanks again Nancy!).

Nancy and I spent the week talking about anything and everything. Our best moment was on Friday when we went to get massages. My mom offered to watch my boys so we could go out and do something girly. It was recommended to me to look into a local beauty college, so not wanting to spend a lot of money we went for it. The experience was interesting. The massage was relaxing, but the atmosphere was funny. Four of us in one room. Whispered conversations, water running in the sink behind us, the microwave in the room next door signaling several peoples lunches were ready and the best part, a man walking in and talking loudly, shocking every one there. At least they had soft piano/nature sounds music playing and cloud scenes on the dimly lit flourescent ligthing overhead. Nancy and I had a good laugh about the experience afterwards.

No comments: