Monday, August 13, 2007

So transitioning Cason to his big boy bed is going okay. I'm trying to remember to expect atleast two weeks of craziness before it feels normal to everyone. Right now we're using the Supernanny method. It works pretty good with Cason, not so much with Jonah. Basically you put the children to bed and then just sit on the floor in the middle of the room with your head down. Little to no interaction should happen. Three nights ago when Josh did this it worked like a charm and he was out of the room in fifteen minutes. The night before last I had to remove Jonah from the room after 20 minutes because he would stop talking/singing. Cason was asleep within ten minutes of that. Last night was a little more tough. I yet again had to remove Jonah from the room, but Cason was starting to catch on to his brother's tactics and it took an hour for him to finally fall asleep. If I leave the room before he is asleep, he's out of bed, playing with the outlet where their nightlight and fan are plugged in, which makes me uncomfortable. I'm about to throw in the towel on the Supernanny method and just let it be a free for all until the excitement wears off. Jonah slept in the playroom last night and is STILL asleep at 8:20, a unheard of time for him. It's making me go hmmmnn? Is it worth it to have them apart because they may sleep longer, or is it better for them to get used to sleeping together?

No comments: