Today has been better. I find that stressful times are less stressful when it's a cloudy gray day. We had a great thunderstorm this morning and are still under heavy cloud cover. I don't feel as bad about having a quiet, "let's just survive" lazy day when the sun isn't blasting in the windows. Jonah has surprised me today with a simple act of obediance and that makes my day too. Thank you for the prayers!
Last night we went out and bought a new mattress for Cason. Yep, it's that time to transition from his crib to a real big boy bed. It's been a long time since we did this and I've been holding off. With the move coming soon and the crib scheduled to be sold at our garage sale in ~10 days, there is no more waiting. Right now, I can hear one unhappy little boy not taking a nap. Since the boys share a room, I thought it would be best to start with naps, when he is alone. I expect a lot of playing at bedtime. Cason has a nice little set up. Jonah has a loft bed from Ikea, so Cason's mattress goes right on the floor below Jonah. I'll have to take a picture. Ahh the banging on the door has begun! Wish us luck!
I think I found a great home from us in Colorado. It's in a great location. I'm waiting to receive an application from the owner. There are a lot of details that we are just waiting for to fall in place. We are will to let God reveal them to us as needed and were reminded recently that predictable is boring. This is an adventure meant for us, I want to remember to look at it that way. Some specific prayer requests....please pray that Josh's Nissan truck will sell. That is the biggest load on us right now. Pray that we'll find the right home location and that Josh will be blessed with work there (we're going planning on him being a subcontractor in his field). Pray that we will get a definite answer on a closing date for our house. Right now it's set for September 7th, but both us and the buyers would like for it to be earlier if possible. Pray that we will remember how blessed we are and to not fear what we don't know, because we believe God IS going before us.
2 comments:
Glad to hear things were better today! I've been thinking about you! Do you have pictures of the new place? Would love to see them!
We are getting ready to put Libby in a toddler bed, too. Hard to believe it's that time already! Praying for you guys during this exciting time. Keep us posted.
Post a Comment