Sunday, August 19, 2007

It's been a tiring weekend. We had a garage sale Friday. By the end of the day we felt there wasn't enough stuff left to do it again Saturday and I was just fine with that. We do still have a couch that needs to go though. Anyone need a couch? It felt like major progress to being ready for the move. In addition to that, Josh's Nissan truck sold Friday!

So Saturday, everyone woke up overly tired and as Josh said we were all a little "spanky". We tried to make the best of the day though. Pancakes for breakfast, trip to Target and lunch at Chili's. Chili's was crazy, Cason was crazy at Chili's, I felt crazy by the time we left. We came home to take naps, but life intervened. Josh has been talking to a guy he works with about buying his trailer and the timing was right so we were back out the door sooner than later. We drove to Churubusco and were there for a while chatting and then hitched the trailer up and left. About two miles down the road we hit a bump on a bridge and Josh could tell right away something wasn't right. We get another half mile down and he realizes the trailer is loose. It was hanging on by the chains. We slowed down gradually and it was hitting the back of the truck. Apparantly the other guy had either forgotten to put the pin in or forgotten the part that keeps the pin in. Josh then lifted the trailer while I shoved a tire underneath. Yes, I did just say he lifted the trailer, he's the man! Luckily we had another hitch pin and were back on the road quickly.

Today Josh went to a Nascar race in Michigan. Only it ended up being rained out so he had a pretty disappointing day.

The boys and I did okay for most of the day. But it was a cold rainy day and by about 4 o'clock I started feeling a little loopy.

Josh just got home a little bit ago, the boys are in bed and I've got a fresh pan of brownies in the kitchen. Here's hoping the rest of the week is better.

1 comment:

lorrie said...

Sounds like you could use a day off! Anyone you could call? Or at least a long date with Josh! How is the house hunting going? When can we video chat this week?

Love you guys.
Have some brownies!