Ahhh, it's Friday! Even better than that is I don't have to work this weekend! We were supposed to go out of town for our annual Hostetler/Hostetler/Harstine/Dengler family Christmas trip but in the end we all decided that the cost of the trip was a bit much and we'd rather save it to spend on gifts. That was fine with us and now I have a work free weekend since I had already asked off for it. I'm also excited about it as Josh is taking a vacation week next week. He hasn't taken an entire week off in several years so it's a treat. I feel that way even though he will still be working. He's putting up around 600 feet of stone for some friends of ours. But I still think he'll be around more, maybe we'll even be able to have breakfast with eachother a couple times.
We had our second appointment with the psychologist for Jonah this past Wednesday. Actually it was more like Jonah had his first appointment with him, since he asked if we minded leaving the two of them alone about five minutes into it. We joked later on that he was the most expensive babysitter we've ever paid, and we didn't even get to go anywhere. We were called back in with about five minutes left in the session. He said they played with Jonah's Tony Stewart semi-truck (it's still in go everywhere mode), colored, talked, and he did some kind of test with what looked like a picture flip book. When we told Jonah it was time to go he became upset and started protesting. This is one of the biggest areas of struggle we have with Jonah (remember the post office incident) and I mentioned that to the dr as Josh was trying to get Jonah to put his coat on. The dr. commented that this was a part of the session too. Josh picked Jonah up and he started kicking and fighting him, so he kinda apologized to the dr. He said he actually was expecting this, and had expected it to be worse. I think we had a couple factors in our favor: there were two of us, no Cason, and no previous routine established which as being interupted. We're thankful the this dr. is being very thorough and careful about making a diagnosis. Josh and I will go back next Wednesday to get the results from the questionaires we did and also get to hear the dr's opinion now that he's actually seen Jonah.
I learned of an awesome perk to my job last night. Our club is the sister club to a larger racquet and fitness center in Elkhart. I've never been over there but have heard it's nicer. One of the things they offer that we don't is massage therapy. The girl who does the accounting for both places had mentioned a massage appointment one time so when she was at our club last night I asked her about it. Turns out I can get an hour long massage for $15 because I'm a employee! Josh and I received some money from his parents for Christmas and I had decided to spend some of it on a masssage. Now I can get four massages for what I was expecting to have to spend. I thought the free membership and childcare for Josh and I was a good perk but this beats that by a mile. They have three therapists and I got the inside scoop on which was the best at relaxation massage so I've got an appointment for Monday. I can't wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment