Wednesday, December 06, 2006
I went to the bank this morning to open a new checking account. The manager of the branch we go to is very anti-kids. She's polite but you get the sense that she's looking down at you for deciding to raise children rather than become a bank manager like her. So it's never an easy thing to go in and do business there, but with no other time to go, I took the boys with me. Jonah was great, he entertained himself with his newly acquired Tony Stewart semi-truck. Cason was not happy that I was restricting him to my lap. This boy loves to explore. I'm trying to conduct business with Miss anti-kids while entertaining him. I give him my keys, they get tossed, so then I give him my wallet, he's one so he doesn't realize how cool that is and it gets tossed too. Finally I spot a snow globe on the desk. It looks kid friendly and so I hand it to him, which he loves. Sweet, we're almost done and he's finally content. Anti-kids gets up to deposit my check and while she's gone Cason throws the snow globe which lands on the metal frame of the chair and bursts open, spilling glitter and water everywhere. That'll teach Chase to use cheaply made snow globes for decoration. But I think it unfortunately just reinforced Anti-kids belief that kids are a pain. She's so wrong though, even though they embarress me sometimes there's nothing better than being their mommy. How could you resist this?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Anti-kids doesn't know what she is missing. The snow globe had to die!
Post a Comment