Time for my favorite pictures of Cason in 2006. When I look through all the pictures, I realize that in 9 out 10 he's smiling. His smile lights up his whole face and reaches out and grabs you to make you smile too. I think I probably have atleast a thousand pictures of Cason on this computer and seeing all those smiles again gives me a glimpse into why this has been such a great year. It's got me so thankful that I have not one little smiling son, but two. When I say it's been a great year, I have to clarify a little, see it's not all been so great. There were some really difficult and emotional things that happened in this last year. Not too long ago I remarked to Josh that it was curious to me that at the end of this year I feel good. Meaning I'm not depressed. I've struggled with depression off and on over the years, but right now I'm content, I feel balanced, okay. There have been years past that have had much lesser pains and yet I've felt much more discontent. What's different now? I think having these boys in my life brings God closer. One of the ways God has been showing me his love is through my children. For every picture I have of them smiling, I must have received a hundred more smiles that were just for me. They're my daily reminders that God is good and will do what he says he will do, and for believing that I am blessed.
He was seven months old in January. This picture will always be one of my favorites.

A sneaky little grin...

Nine months old in March and starting to cruise.

It's blurry and his head is chopped off, but those eyes just say so much. Another all time favorite.

A brother is a good thing to lay on!

A first birthday party picture with Daddy.

Hanging around in October.

Look at all those teeth!

A Christmas morning smile just for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment