It's Sunday afternoon and we're all relaxing. Cason's napping away. Jonah was playing quietly in the play room until a little bit ago. Today he didn't nap so he had been flitting in and out of the living room. Josh was in the "comfy corner" of the couch on the computer. Here's where I admit to a flaw of mine. I tend to let things get a little cluttered if we haven't had anyone over for a while. The chaise lounge part of our couch has been getting piled on by clothing and jackets lately and today a laundry basket was added to the mix. So looking for a comfy spot to rest I shifted some stuff (including the laundry basket) over so I could curl up on the chaise. A few minutes later Jonah comes wandering out, walks right past me and this is the conversation that followed.
Jonah: Hey Daddy, where's Mama?
Josh (teasing a bit): I don't know, she just left.
Jonah: Oh yeah, where'd she go? She go to work?
I'm trying to stifle my giggles at this point.
Josh: No she didn't go to work, she just went away.
Jonah: Oh, did she go to Wal-Mart?
Josh: No, not to Wal-Mart?
Jonah: Oh, Target?
Josh: No, not Target either. Maybe she's still in the house, you should go look around a bit.
Jonah: Okay
He runs right past me to go looking. Josh and I burst into laughter, mostly because Jonah is apparantly so used to seeing a pile of clothes laying on the chaise that he doesn't even realize I'm right there.
He came back pretty quick and said he couldn't find me. I couldn't help my laughter at that point and was finally "found" by Jonah.
No comments:
Post a Comment