Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Does this ever happen to anyone else? I have to click login five times to get the new "google" account thing to actually let me into my account. It's annoying.

My hubby is 30! Yesterday was his birthday and in his own understated way I think he has really had a good birthday. I guess that's sort of putting words in his mouth, but he is really understated about it. I was thinking about it tonight and had this moment of shock that he's actually 30. His twenties are done...gone! Which makes me feel like mine are gone too and they nearly are. I feel old...how can I actually almost be 30...THIRTY, yikes!

Which maybe that's why I'm feeling so anxious. Anyone who knows me well knows that I really want to go back to school to study nursing and then get a midwifery certificate. I feel like I'm just bursting to get there. I want to do it so bad, almost just to see what I'm really made of. My goal has always been to be done by the time I'm 40 (yikes again). This is going to be one long amazing decade. My short term goal is to start school by the fall of 2008. That's a little complicated by the fact that also have a goal of figuring out if we will be moving before then. It feels like such a short time away, but also such a long time away. Hurry up and wait. I feel like I can't commit to a school until we know where we will be living. I also feel really green about the whole process of applying for college. In high school it seemed like there were people who just kinda did everything for you, now it's all me.

No comments: