Friday, August 10, 2007

Success!!



It was hard work, but Cason's first night in his new bed was a success. We started bedtime later than usual, hoping he would extra tired. Armed with a new very loved Nana blankie we laid him down after we said our prayers and left the room. This did not work as he just got up and was roaming the room, upsetting Jonah in the process. I put him back in the bed a couple times, always with the same results...crying. I realized he was probably confused about what he was supposed to do so I decided to go in and lay down with him. He fell asleep on my chest within a few minutes, but then Jonah needed to get up and get some allergy medicine from Daddy. Cason popped up "blah da blee bruh bruh!" I settle him again, but then decide it will be awfully hard to get out of the bed if he's on my chest, so I lay him next to me and cuddled close. I could hear him relaxing so I slowly moved away from him till I thought I could get off the bed without him noticing. He did notice and sat up, but I was able to lay him down and put my hand on his back. Deep breathing again and I move my hand away. Wait a few minute, then scoot a few feet. Wait again, scoot again until I was almost to the door. I tested the door to see if he would notice the extra light coming it from it opening. No movement, so I get up on my feet and slide out quietly. All of this took somewhere around an hour. I slipped back in twenty minutes later to snap these pictures.


1 comment:

Jessie said...

Little boy in a BIG bed. Yeah, that will be an interesting day for us. Good work!