Josh went into work yesterday morning to find that there wasn't work for the day because of the massive amounts of snow we got so he came home. It was a really good thing for me because I was still feeling really frustrated with Jonah. It wasn't exactly a nice relaxing day as a family but it was nice to all be together. By lunchtime he was feeling the same frustration that I was so we made a cry for help to my parents asking them if they would watch the boys so we could have a date. They agreed (Thank you!!!) and we were able to have several hours alone. It was so nice. We took the truck so it felt like back when we were first dating. It actually had a great impact on my enjoyment, I think, something about not driving the family vehicle with the empty carseats calling out to you. We had a great dinner at a local Italian restaurant we'd never been to before and really enjoyed our time alone. We don't usually do anything for Valentine's Day, we like to rebel against the idea that someone else is telling us to tell eachother how much we love each other on the same day as everyone else in the world. But for some reason these last few weeks of winter boredom have been particularly hard. I've been dreaming over taking a vacation to Mexico so much that Josh gave me the next best thing. Two and a half months of unlimited tanning. I don't really care if I'm tan or stark white but the time alone in a warm and bright tanning bed will do wonders for my mental well-being until summer comes so it was very appreciated.
It was very hard to wake up today and have him go back to work. I got spoiled in one day by having him around. Cason's been having some bad cold symptoms so I decided to take him to the doctor this morning. I should feel lucky that my kids end up not having anything serious but it's so annoying to take the time and spend the money to go only to be told that it's just a cold. And on top of that, since we weren't able to see our regular doctor this doctor felt it was his duty to tell me that I should be fattening Cason up. I know he's little, but that's it, he's just little. He's not skinny or unhealthy. He has nice pudgy legs and a round belly. He's 21 lbs and 4 ounces at almost 20 months so that puts him in like the 2nd percentile. It annoys me that being low on the chart is somehow seen as a bad thing. He doesn't need to be given high fat foods so that he'll get higher on the growth chart. It just means he's smaller than most kids his age, not that he's unhealthy. I suppose it could be an indication of a problem but when the kid is sitting right in front of you, you can see he's not sick. He's starting to talk a little more, still not a lot but some. He has recently joined in on Jonah's obsession with cars, so now it's "Car! Car!" all the time. It's weird how he doesn't talk that much but he will say things like "Where's the car?" It's not real clear though and most people would probably just hear nonsense.
2 comments:
Glad you and Josh got some time together! And I just looked on some of your old posts--congrats on the puppy--he's so cute!!
Nice to hear you had an evening out. I can't wait till I can leave for more than 3 hrs! Is that awful? It's just been a rough week. I understand what you mean about going to the dr...except it happens to us with the vet! :)
Post a Comment