It's only Thursday but this week has been one of those weeks that signifies a huge change to our life. It's like the week we got married, or the week we found out we were pregnant with Jonah, the week he was born, or the one we found out we were pregnant with Cason or the week he was born. One of those times when you realize your life is going to change. Having the knowledge brings joy, anticipation, and maybe even some worry.
For the last several months we've been searching for some answers to how to be the best parents that we can be for Jonah. We've read books, asked for advice, searched the internet and have come up empty handed. Until this week. Though Josh isn't even sure himself what made him think of it (the only explanation for us would be it was God prompted), on Tuesday he decided to research autism. I was working and as he searched things started to piece together, though not completely. When I came home he told me about his thoughts and I remembered hearing about a autism disorder called Asperger's Syndrome. As we have researched we have found that it is very likely that Jonah has Asperger's Syndrome. Some people discribe Asperger's as having a dash of autism.
The amount of emotions this realization has brought about for us is amazing. I'm starting this blog as an outlet for those emotions and as a place to tell our families journey.
No comments:
Post a Comment