Friday, November 17, 2006

Well since a few people have been asking I thought it needed to give an update on how we're doing. We're doing good.

I guess there's more to it than that. We have just relaxed and decided to wait and see what may come. I feel little doubt that Jonah has Asperger's and look forward to beginning the process of learning how to better communicate with him. My only fear at this point is that we would have a hard time getting the diagnosis. I've been reading stories of parents getting wrong diagnosis' for years until the child is finally in 1st or 2nd grade and the current interventions still aren't working. Although these were all stories of children who are now pre-teens or teenage so I'm hoping there is more understanding now then ten years ago. At some point I'll post descriptions of the ways Jonah fits the diagnostic criteria.

We're having a good day. After a busy week we're having a lazy day. Well the boys are, I've been busy cleaning and doing laundry. But we are all still in our pajamas at one o'clock in the afternoon, so we're definately relaxed today. Hopefully Josh and I will have relaxing night too since the rest of the weekend is extremely busy. The rest of this year feels gone already, since the break in our schedules doesn't come until after the new year.

No comments: