We had a great Thanksgiving weekend. We met Josh's parents in Iowa and stayed in a cabin. It worked out really well with the four of us (Josh, me and the boys) all staying in the same room. Luckily the closet was big enough to put the pack n play in there so Cason could have his own spot. Jonah slept on a cot on the floor. The first night we didn't sleep much as the boys were adjusting but they were fine the rest of the time. Jonah did well, we're seeing that travelling is a little stressful for him, but he seemed to know when he needed some time alone and would retreat to one of the bedrooms for some rest.
We had our first appointment with the psychologist last Wednesday. It was very interesting and he asked a lot of questions about what Jonah was like as a baby. It's interesting to look back and see how there were signs even back then. Jonah was an extremely easy baby. He never fussed. I've always carried a bit of regret for scheduling his day because I thought it contributed to me not being able to breastfeed for as long as I wanted to, but now I can look back and see that it was the right thing to do. He would not have indicated hunger on his own. He was always content to be alone. I often thought he was having conversations with angels (still do) because I would come to his room and he'd be laying in his crib babbling away in his own language. The doctor did not indicate that he disagreed with our belief that he has Asperger's, though he couldn't confirm or diagnose anything because he stills needs to see Jonah. We took home some rating scales that are designed to give a strong indication for diagnosis for us and my parents to fill out, and he gave us a book to read about Asperger's. We'll be taking Jonah in to see him on December 6th. He also said he'd like to do some testing on him, but for him to do it is really expensive and insurance doesn't pay for it, so he was going to find some information for us to have it done through the public school system, which is free.
In other news, I had hoped to get back into a good routine today. Get some laundry done and organize the house a bit (it's time to get those Christmas decorations out!). But we were woken up at 5 a.m. by the sound of Cason vomiting. So we're taking things slow today. We'll head to the doctor a little later because I think he may have an ear infection on top of this flu bug. What's remarkable to me is that Jonah had this same bug at 17 months. I guess the experience helps because with Jonah I was totally freaked out by it.
No comments:
Post a Comment