Sunday, March 25, 2007

Great weekend

We are all finally feeling much better. I hope I have learned that antibiotics are my best friend and will remember that the next time I suspect a sinus infection. I think I had this one off and on for six weeks. Even though mama doesn't have time to be sick, she will make time in the future. When the doctor started to examine me I was so thrown off, because it's always about the kids.

My Mom and I went to our women's retreat Friday night. I was not 100% better, but felt well enough to go. We got very little sleep, maybe two hours, and not for lack of trying. I was asked to lead a workshop on overcoming fear. I felt like I had to say yes because I felt it was a part of God's plan to continue my growth out of living (or not really living) in fear. But when I woke up Saturday morning, I was certainly not feeling very confidant about it. My sinuses were stuffed again and not being able to breathe normally was escalating my anxiety. With about 45 minutes to go, I asked my friend Becky to pray for me. She prayed right there for God to clear my breathing and to give me peace. I kept trying to blow my nose with little success. I set up the room in the last few minutes and sat down to wait for the women to show up. I had one kleenex left and decided to try one last time. With one easy blow, everything in my sinuses cleared out, everything. I haven't had to blow my nose since, I keep thinking I should and try to, but there's nothing left, after six weeks and at least seven boxes of kleenex. God cared about my stuffy sinuses. The workshop went great. God brought the right mix of women to the circle. Some who shared their stories, some who gave wisdom, some who just needed to listen. I left feeling restored and renewed. It's was good to recount where I've come from and to remember God's faithfulness and experience it anew.

No comments: