It's been a long week. I've been having some ahem issues from my antibiotic, so it's been another week of feeling off. I'm now trying to consume my body weight in yogurt to try and correct said issues. On top of that Mazzy is having same said issues and we are beside ourselves with what to do. We've resorted to giving her pepto-bismal. Hopefully her issues will clear up soon too, as we have little interest in spending money at the vet on her. I know we probably have no business being pet owners but here were are now making the best of it. I will call the vet Monday if she's still not functioning better.
I realized something about myself just now. I really don't like chaos. The problem with that is that I also don't care much for order. Lurking somewhere in the middle really doesn't work though. I'm gonna have to do something about that I think.
We got Jonah's IEP (individualized education plan) in the mail yesterday. I'm very happy that this experience has been good so far. Josh and I were agreeing last night that everyone we worked with seemed genuinely interested and focused on Jonah. No feeling like we were just another kid (family) coming through the system. The special ed preschool teacher who will providing his support called yesterday to get our email address so she could foward the information for the support group. The next meeting is April 9th. The speaker will be talking on relationships and dynamics in families with a child on the autism spectrum. I'm looking forward to that.
1 comment:
Re: the vet, you may check to see if the humane society has any services. Apparently they do here and it's way cheaper than the vet. I haven't tried it yet b/c there are no appointments and you just have to show up and wait your turn. With two kids & a dog, it might not be worth it. But, then again...
Post a Comment