Friday, May 11, 2007

I don't know what I meant with that last post. I'm still trying to figure it out. Josh asked me about it and I said that I was feeling really frustrated with only having the energy to the same things everyday. Wash dishes, do laundry, make three meals, dress the kids (well one kid, Jonah takes care of himself, which is why you might see him in the same outfit three days in a row), take Jonah to school, go to Target or Wal-mart (the only two places I'm relatively sure I can handle with two kids, sometimes even that's crazy), make sure nobody gets hurts or hurts someone, you know, mommy stuff. If I add anything to doing those things it feels overwhelming. My kids are not bound by an invisible tether to me, a trip to the park is exhausting because they could both be a mile away in a matter of minutes. But I want to take them.

That being sad, I mowed the lawn yesterday out of that frustration and it felt good. I mowed the lawn all last summer, so it's not new, I just needed to do something physical instead of getting myself some pity-party ice cream from Dairy Queen. Josh and I did a bunch of painting last night too. I slept really good last night. Anyway, I think that's where the giving myself grace thing comes in. Right now might be the time that I do the same things day after day and sometimes it'll start to feel really bad, boring, mundane, I don't know. I just need to keep remembering that this is a blessed time in my life to be home with these two boys and life will keep changing and pretty soon I won't have these long days to spend with them.

Cason's teething and is mad at the world for it. I sure hope we don't have months upon months of this. Two year molars. I can't believe he'll be two next month. He has so much personality. I'm working on teaching him to say Mama, please instead of uh uh uh and pointing. He gets the mama part sometimes. Yesterday we were walking through Target and out of nowhere he points towards the snack bar and say "popcorn". That's a new one and we were pretty far away for him to know there was popcorn there.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I know exactly what you mean! Work gets me out of the house, but even then, I feel like I can get out of the rut.