I'm proud to say Josh and I have proved the somewhat crazy guy who married us wrong! We had a small wedding. Very small. Us, our parents and siblings (minus Steve who was at boot camp). We had come from entirely different backgrounds. Josh from Pennslyvania, me from Indiana. We met in Colorado and our "family" from there was spread from there to Portland to Toronto to Nashville. It would've been quite an process to find a way to include everyone we love, so we decided to keep it simple. The wedding was in Josh's parent's backyard in Kansas City and a minister was found via the yellow pages. We met him the week before and had a good rapport and we liked his short and sweet wedding style. On the day of the actual wedding, somewhere in the middle, he decided to take the oppurtunity to add in a five minute speech about how we were a great couple. It was weird from the start because he really didn't know us from Adam and we didn't care what he thought. To us he was just there to make it legal. Somewhere in his speech he mentioned how seven years down the road we might be having trouble and we would come to him to talk about it. Later on he really creeped out my brother Mark by pulling him aside to tell him that he thought he was really special. I'm thankful to say on our seventh anniversary that we're going strong. There have been ups and downs, joy and tears, anger and forgiveness. I wouldn't have it any other way. I guess if that pastor is still out there somewhere he would be proud.
ETA: I was just reminded by my brother that the creepiness was even better than the pastor just telling him he was special. Apparantly he pulled him aside and said "I just have to tell you that I'm enjoying the hell out of you". Mark's repsonse "umm, thanks".
1 comment:
I don't think I heard about your wedding before, I mean, I knew it was small. Happy Anniversary and congrats on 7 years!
Post a Comment