I had to get out of the house for a while last night so Josh could work on my super secret birthday plans. He's doing so good not letting even a hint of what he's planning out. I can tell he's stressed about it and wants to ask my opinion but he's determined to keep it a secret. For those who don't know, it is nearly impossible for Josh and I to keep a secret from each other. We consult eachother on every basic decision. When one of us goes to the store, we always end up calling the other ask this or that. When we got married Josh had picked out my wedding ring and was keeping it as a surprise, but a week and a half before the wedding, he caved and showed it to me (I loved it and still do!), so I proceeded to show him my dress. Our first Christmas as a married couple we gave eachother our presents two weeks before Christmas on the day we bought them. We've gotten better over the years, but I can tell these birthday plans are the ultimate test. I have no clue what he's planning, I hope the next two months go by quickly.
So back to me getting out of the house for a while. I decided to go buy a book and settle in at one of our local coffee shops to read. I picked out a book called Eye Contact. The main character is a single mother of a 9 year boy with autism. It's basically a whodunit. The boy and a little girl get lost in the woods behind their school one day and the girl is murdered, so the mom has to try to get her son to communicate to help find out what happened. I like crime solving stories and obviously the autism aspect intrigued me. I haven't read a book in forever so it feels good to read again, but for some reason it's going really slow. Normally I fly through a book, but in the two hours I read last night I only made it to page 68. That seems slow to me. I'm enjoying the story so far.
No comments:
Post a Comment