Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I had a great Mother's Day. We worked hard on the house all day Saturday and then Josh went out to Target with Jonah. He called me to come join them because he wanted to give me a little shopping spree for some new clothes. We got a few things at Target and then went to Kohls where I got five shirts, a pair of capris and a skort. It was a lot of fun and definitely demonstrated Josh's love for me. I tend to give up easily when clothes shopping. Had he taken the boys home (the easier option for him) I probably would've come home with one shirt. But he wrangled the boys masterfully and picked out things for me to try on and in the end it was a very succesful shopping spree.

Sunday was church all morning. I took the boys to first service so I could hear the message (Josh was playing on the worship team). Then we came home for second and went back for third because I was scheduled to be in nursery. We got home around 1:45, took a brief rest and got ready to go for a family picnic at Potato Creek State Park. We took our bikes which was so much fun. This is the first year that Jonah is riding well and right now he wants to ride all the time. Our ride at the park was stop and go. Not having a clear end point was hard for Jonah. My dad, Josh and I encouraged him along for awhile until it became clear he wasn't going any further. We asked if he wanted to go back to our "camp" and he was fine going back. Our spot was off of a oval shaped parking lot with an island in the center. I think he spent 75% of the time riding around and around the island. It was a great day and I feel very blessed to be a mother and to be married to someone who really appreciates what I do.

We've been painting like crazy yesterday and today. The hallway is done, the living room is 80% done! The windows outside are done and the garage is almost done. Once we finish up those things then we can work more on the basement. We're hoping to be able to call the realtor by next week to say we're ready to put the sign up.

Today was Jonah's last day of school. I'm so thankful that this experience has been so positive for all of us. Jonah has come so far since the beginning of the school year. I have a feeling we'll be around for him to atleast the school year there in the fall.

No comments: