Jonah loves drawing trucks. One time we gave him his own notebook for doodling in, it's completely full of pictures of semi-trucks. He even draws the lug nuts on the wheels. Usually the trucks are "Jonah" trucks because he writes his name on the trailer part. Sometimes they are "Mommy" trucks. Lately he's been branching out and drawing Mack from the cars movie, complete with number 95 and a lightning bolt. Or for some reason he's really into the number 100 so we've been seeing some 100 trucks. Anyway all that to say yesterday he blew me away. We were sitting on the couch and he was drawing on his doodle pad. He says "Look Mom! A truck pulling Alabama!" Now I think it happened by accident but what he had drawn looked exactly like Alabama and for him to recognize that amazed me. I wish I had gotten a picture of it but our camera batteries were charging.
Another neat thing from yesterday was the boys playing together. Jonah doesn't draw Cason into what he's doing and usually gets frustrated if Cason comes along to join in, so I usually try to keep them both occupied doing separate things. Josh and I got a wild hair to move our living room around yesterday and we weren't done by the time Cason was ready to get up from his nap. He was whining so I asked Jonah to go in and keep him company until we were done. Jonah went to the play room and got some toys and then went into their room and climbed into the crib with Cason and the two of them played together happily for the next 15 minutes or so. It's so fun to see that kind of bonding happening between them and Jonah actually enjoying the big brother role too.
No comments:
Post a Comment