Friday, March 02, 2007

More snow, boooo! I can't believe how much this winter is holding on. Usually I'm out looking for crocuses and daffadil sprouts by now. We had a thunder storm yesterday, snow storm today, it doesn't make sense.

Jonah slept in until almost 7 this morning, so nice. He's been waking up between 5:15 and 6 for the last two weeks. Josh usually hangs out with him until he leaves for work and then turns a video on for him till I'm up. Today though he woke up in a really good mood and clearly needing some Mommy time. Instead of going out to watch tv he crawled into bed with me for a half hour. After breakfast he asked for his markers and colored for a bit while Cason and I were looking at a book. That was fun, because Cason usually has very little interest in books. He just wants to be constantly moving and exploring. I told Jonah that once I laid Cason down for a nap and we'd do a special craft. It was so much fun to spend some one on one time with him. I usually just tend to let him do his own thing because he's always been really content to play alone. At one point he said, "I really like coloring with you, Mommy". We made two foam animals and colored pictures. I colored a picture of mountains with a pond, sun and flowers. He said it was just like Colorado. Then he said, "You and Daddy live in Colorado and I live in Indiana, but I will move to Colorado with you because I don't want to lose my Mommy and Daddy." It was said in an incredibly cute way, not sad at all. He has always said that Mommy and Daddy live in Colorado for some reason. When he first got his Melissa and Doug United States puzzle, he would point to the different states and say where every one he knows lives. Nama and Pop are in Missouri, Nancy is in Oregon, Meemaw in Arkansas, Mommy and Daddy in Colorado. Even though moving is still over a year away we've been talking to him about it alot because we understand his difficulty with change. The vacation I mentioned is also to see how he reacts to the realization of how far away Colorado really is. He at this point has no resistance to the idea of moving. I asked him today if he knew we would have to live in a different house when we move and he said yeah, like of course we'll live in a different house.



Lions and Tigers!


I thought that the end of February/beginning of March was going to be hard on me, because that's when the baby I lost last summer should've been due, but it's been okay. I feel so blessed right now with my family. Jonah and Cason are such a delight in my life. They are so fun and I love knowing my family is complete and looking forward to the future. Josh and I are completely on the same page with the direction of our family and it's reallly an exciting time for us.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post, Aim! It's good to hear you feeling so upbeat and positive - even despite the snow! See you Sunday!