We had a great garage sale! I should note that my family has fine tuned the art of garage saling. It's all about pricing, placement and advertising. Between us, my parents and Mark and Lorrie we made over 1500 dollars in two days. This year was a personal best for Josh and I. I still can't belive everything went as smoothly as it did. It really was crazy how much junk there was to sell. In the end we only had two truck loads to go to goodwill. We probably could've sold every last thing, but we just got tired of being out there.
Some funny stories in brief....
I sold an older businessman coffee out of my pantry when he didn't want to buy the coffee pods my dad had out for sale.
We had a lady complain about paying 50 cents for some throw pillows because they needed to be washed. She bought them anyway...but throughout the rest of the day we ended up putting all the rest of the pillows in a free box.
A little girl had to go to the bathroom so they asked if she could use our bathroom. Ummm, okay...but then the mom told her to go in and do stinkies! The mom didn't want to put out her cigarette so a male friend brought her in and called her turd bird atleast 8 times on the way in and out. Mark and I came in to keep it kosher and they were in and out so fast I don't think she actually did anything.
The first day a lady bought the Little People zoo from me, it had a bag attached with some of the animals, not all, because some have been lost since we've had it. The next day she actually made the effort to come back to ask if we had the elephant. I ended up giving her the zoo train because we were nearly done and it was just gonna end up at Goodwill anyway.
All in all, it was a great time. Lots of work, but worth it to clean out some of the junk we've been holding on to.
Jonah, Ethan and Owen enjoying some ice cream after dinner Friday night.
2 comments:
Sounds like a successful couple of days. Sorry we had to miss it!
Good words.
Post a Comment