If you know me, you know I definitely don't have a type A personality. I'm a last born. I wait till the last minute to get things done. I get distracted easily. Dare I say, sometimes I'm down right lazy.
I'm okay with this to an extent. I don't feel the drive to become type A, but I am wondering is there is some happy medium. I'm tired of getting to the end of the day and thinking I wish I would've gotten this or that done today.
Is there a happy balance in this time of having little ones around? I've been advised to give myself a lot of grace. All moms of young children need to do this. It's a hard time, our hormones are wacky most of the time. We love our children but they can be unpredictable AND they are constantly changing. Once we finally figure out one stage they change and it starts again. It's exhausting.
Sometimes that anxious me is still around. It's a beautiful day and I know the boys and I would enjoy going for a walk, but I just can't seem to get us out the door. I don't like living like that.
So what do I do? How do I find that internal motivation to follow through on my thoughts?
Not every day is like this, that's what's frustrating. Some days, I'm so productive.
So again, where's the balance between giving myself grace to not worry about always doing and actually getting stuff done, putting myself out there?
1 comment:
Here's my two cents. I typically come up with goals for the day that I'd like to accomplish and write them down on my dry erase board (next to the menu for the week)! I like to write them down b/c once you finish them you can cross them off, then it's a reminder of all the hard work you accomplished (and secretly so Jon can know I didn't sit around and eat cookies all day!) Shh, don't tell him. Anyway, my goals are sometimes simple - going for a walk, writing a letter; sometimes fun - work on my scrapbook; or sometimes not so fun - fold laundry, clean the kitchen. I only put a couple down b/c I think my main job is helping Liam to grow and learn. I hope that's helpful to you. Signed, Type A
Post a Comment