That I never win anything, that is. I used to never win anything but that streak ended yesterday. At church, our pastor announced this years theme. This year it's iLive. For the next couple weeks he'll give messages on iLive, iLove, iGive, iServe, and iGo. It was really awesome. So along with that they were given a donation to cover the cost of buying 15 iPod Shuffle's. They're giving one away in every service this month. So this takes me back to how I never win anything. As you walked in they were giving out tickets. I stuck it in my purse and sat down. I should add in here I wasn't in a very good mood going to church yesterday morning. I was dealing with some mental/emotional stuff and almost skipped church altogether. I'm so glad I went becasue it was a great service. Great worship and great message (and I won!). When it came time for Pastor Jim to draw a ticket out, Josh asked if I had gotten one on my way in. Oh yeah, I pulled it out and we check out the number. He say's the winning ticket is 8 7 7 3 5 _. Wait a minute only one number to go and I'm still in the running. He asked everyone who was close to stand up. I stood nervously. He repeats the number again 8 7 7 3 5 ..... 2! I can't believe it, cuz, you know, I never win anything, but that's my number! I think I was probably grinning from ear to ear. A couple people said, Yay Amy! Afterwards I had a lot of new best friends.
The thing is, though, I sat down after Pastor Jim handed the iPod to me and thought that God is so amazing. It felt like he was giving me so much more than an iPod. Like I had been singled out by Him to get a touch, a reminder that He's with me and I'm special to HIm. It may seem like I'm overreaching with that thought, but I can't change that my mind on that. I'm just thankful for the touch.
3 comments:
Wow! Congratulations! :)
Hey, Amy. I was pulling for ya on Sunday. I was in the back and I saw your hand raise when he asked if anyone was close. I whispered to Becky that I hoped YOU would get it. And you did! Congrats. Even more special that you feel God did that just for YOU. Have a good week!
It's not quite a leg lamp but I'd still call that a major award. Nice.
Post a Comment