Friday, January 19, 2007
I had a little scare today with Cason. I had put him down for a morning nap today because he's got a cold and I thought he could use the extra rest. He was fine for a while but about an hour and a half later he started crying pretty insistently. I waited a little bit and when he didn't stop I went to check on him. I walked in and he was sitting up cutely with his legs dangling out of the crib. He was happy to see me so I thought it was nothing, until I tried to pick him up. He wouldn't budge. I looked a little more closely and realized his right leg was stuck in the slats above the knee. I tried wedging it out and he started screaming. I started feeling a little panicky. I tried calling Josh half a dozen times, but knew that there wasn't much he could do to help because he was an hour and a half away. I managed to get Cason's jammies off and I could see that his leg was red and swelling a little. Now I start thinking the worst, what if his leg is broken and I can't get him out. Luckily we have a friend whose a fireman/paramedic. I'm thinking if I have to get a saw and cut the slats to get him out, I want a fireman around since they're supposed to be good at that sort of thing. I called Laura and asked if Trevor was home and told her what was wrong, she said he'd be right over. He and Kayley showed up and all he had to do was pull the slats with both hands while I guided his leg out. He was all smiles at his freedom. I felt kinda silly about it then, seeing as I was on the verge of tears when I called, but I still don't think I could've gotten him out on my own. Cason's no worse for wear, the inside of his knee is bruised, but he still had me chasing him around all afternoon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Whew! Glad he's okay. Libby used to get her chubby little leg stuck in between the slats of the crib, too. It's amazing how they get themselves wedged in sometimes. You wonder what it took to get them there in the first place! I bet that was scary. Don't feel bad about calling T. I'm sure he was happy to do it!
So glad Cason was ok--that is scary, especially when you're by yourself. I've rescued Elisha from the crib slats a bunch of times too. We need to talk and catch up soon. Hope you have a great Saturday!!
Post a Comment