Tuesday, January 30, 2007

It's been snowing a lot the last couple days. That along with various other reasons has kept us relatively homebound lately. This morning we woke to more snow and a ton of school delays. I called Jonah's school make sure they'd be open and they were and since I was wide awake, showered and dressed already I decided to brave the roads. Jonah's been getting mischevious lately so I thought he could use some time out of the house. By mischievous I mean where he starts getting nosy about things in cabinets he should just leave alone, like medicine or cleaners. When he was younger I caught him on different occasions eating lotion, toothpaste (warranting a call to poison control), and something else that's too embarrassing to mention (not the trash). Anyway, he's been waking up ridiculously early too, so even if the roads were bad we were going to school.

When I picked him up, I promised him we would play outside when we got home. Last year we bought him a winter jacket and snow pants set on ebay after the one snowfall we had so the snow pants never got used. They're are a little short on him this year, but with boots they'll do for the rest of the winter. He seems to like them quite a bit and is still wearing them an hour after we came in. Playing in the snow was another story. We went out and he was not happy. Too cold and too bright. Children with Asperger's are often highly sensitive to temperature and light, so I should've guessed this would happen. We stayed out for about 2 minutes. I managed to snap one picture. We may try again tomorrow, we have a pair of ski goggles that are tinted that he could wear if it's bright again and we just have to bundle up a little bit more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yea--at least you got one picture of Jonah in the snow!!! Have you done any scrapbooking lately? I just ordered prints of Ethan's first year, now I just need to sit down and start cropping. Little motivation knowing I'm already 2 years behind!!