I'm feeling sad. We got Jonah's preschool schedule for May today. There's only four more days of school left. One next week, two the next and one the week after that. Then they do an all school picnic and that's it. This school has been such a wonderful thing for Jonah. He has made so much progress since the beginning of the year. I know he'll miss going too. My one goal that I hoped he'd meet before the end of the year happened today. I hoped that by the end of the year he would go potty at school. A small thing, but a big deal for him. He was so resistant to potty training and then last spring he just got it. But for a long time he was completely dependent on having his potty seat and did not like going in unfamiliar places. At school they have potty time every day, but with ten kids in one bathroom, toilets flushing, kids talking, singing, washing hands, I think it was too much for him, so he wouldn't even try. A couple weeks ago he decided he was ready to go standing up and it's been great, he goes everywhere now. Sooooo...today we get home from school and I ask him to go potty and he says, "I don't need to, I went at school." Wooo hooo!
He's signed up to go to the same school next year, same teacher, some of the same kids. But we may not be here. It makes me a little sad. I know God can provide another school so I'll just have have faith in that.
No comments:
Post a Comment