Josh has been pleading with me to chop my hair off for two years now. I've had it ultra short before but have been chicken for the last couple of years for some silly reason. Every time I go to get it cut I come home with basically the same cut. To make it worse I usually wait 3 weeks too long to get it cut again so by the time I go it looks terrible. So Monday night before I left for my appointment, he once again said "chop it!" He even got Jonah in on it and got him chanting "chop it! chop it!" I wasn't going to. I was gonna do the same old, same old. But just as we were getting to the styling part, she trimmed my bangs and they were a little shorter than normal and I thought hey I kinda like that. My stylist knows how he loves it short and how every time he asks me to chop it off, so she knew what I wanted when I said let's go for it. And off it came. I love it! If there's a moral to this story I wouldn't say it's that I should've listened to my husband two year ago, it's just that sometimes when you wait long enough, you'll surprise yourself and make your husband VERY happy in the process. Here's the result:
Wednesday, January 31, 2007
New do!
The word hairdo is very weird to me right now. It's one of the moments where you say a word over and over again too much until it seems totally nonsensical. I'm glad I don't have to learn english as a second language!
Josh has been pleading with me to chop my hair off for two years now. I've had it ultra short before but have been chicken for the last couple of years for some silly reason. Every time I go to get it cut I come home with basically the same cut. To make it worse I usually wait 3 weeks too long to get it cut again so by the time I go it looks terrible. So Monday night before I left for my appointment, he once again said "chop it!" He even got Jonah in on it and got him chanting "chop it! chop it!" I wasn't going to. I was gonna do the same old, same old. But just as we were getting to the styling part, she trimmed my bangs and they were a little shorter than normal and I thought hey I kinda like that. My stylist knows how he loves it short and how every time he asks me to chop it off, so she knew what I wanted when I said let's go for it. And off it came. I love it! If there's a moral to this story I wouldn't say it's that I should've listened to my husband two year ago, it's just that sometimes when you wait long enough, you'll surprise yourself and make your husband VERY happy in the process. Here's the result:
Josh has been pleading with me to chop my hair off for two years now. I've had it ultra short before but have been chicken for the last couple of years for some silly reason. Every time I go to get it cut I come home with basically the same cut. To make it worse I usually wait 3 weeks too long to get it cut again so by the time I go it looks terrible. So Monday night before I left for my appointment, he once again said "chop it!" He even got Jonah in on it and got him chanting "chop it! chop it!" I wasn't going to. I was gonna do the same old, same old. But just as we were getting to the styling part, she trimmed my bangs and they were a little shorter than normal and I thought hey I kinda like that. My stylist knows how he loves it short and how every time he asks me to chop it off, so she knew what I wanted when I said let's go for it. And off it came. I love it! If there's a moral to this story I wouldn't say it's that I should've listened to my husband two year ago, it's just that sometimes when you wait long enough, you'll surprise yourself and make your husband VERY happy in the process. Here's the result:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yay! You know I like it that way, too. Not too many people can get away with a cute, spikey look but you can. Good choice...and you look great!
Your hair looks awesome! You make me want to get mine cut short again. Way to be brave!
I love your hair so much short.
You're hair looks great--I was going to grow mine out, but now I'm rethinking--where do you get it cut again and who cuts it?
Post a Comment